The Town of Woodfin is required to regulate stormwater runoff for compliance with the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Municipal Separate Storm Sewer System (MS4) permit, issued by the North Carolina Department of Environmental Quality (NCDEQ) with oversight from the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). The runoff is monitored by a stormwater management plan implemented by the Town of Woodfin to cover six program areas:
- Public Education and Outreach
- Public Involvement and Participation
- Illicit Discharge Detection and Elimination (IDDE)
- Construction Site Runoff Controls
- Post Construction Site Runoff Controls
- Pollution Prevention and Good Housekeeping for Municipal Operations
A draft version of the stormwater management plan can be found in the link on the left hand side of this page. Stay tuned for future updates on ways you can be involved with our stormwater management program!