Town Council Meeting Agenda
November 15, 2022 | 5:00 p.m.
November 15, 2022 | 5:00 p.m.
- Meeting Call To Order
- Approval of the Agenda
- Consent Agenda
- Approval of the October 18, 2022, Regular Meeting Minutes
- Amendment to FY2023 Town of Woodfin Schedule of Fees
- Public Comment – The public is invited to attend this meeting in person or view this meeting Facebook Live: https://www.facebook.com/townofwoodfin. All documents related to agenda items not published on the website may be viewed in advance of the meetings in person at Town Hall, 90 Elk Mountain Rd, Woodfin.
- Citizens may address the Board concerning various topics after being recognized by the Mayor and are limited to 5 (five) minutes speaking time.
- Presentations & Reports
- Guest Presentation – Jay Hawthorne, French Broad River Partnership Economic Impact of the French Broad River.
- Town Manager Report (Presenter: Tuch)
- Parks & Recreation Report (Presenter: Isenhower)
- Consideration of Resolution 2022-111501
- Unfinished Business
- Public Hearing – Text Amendments to Ch. 46-Subdivisions and Ch. 54-Zoning. Continued from Oct. 18, 2022. (Presenter: Tuch)
- New Business
- Public Hearing – Text Amendments to Ch. 30-Short-term Rentals and Ch. 54-Zoning for the purpose of updating standards regulating short-term rentals and homestays. (Presenter: Tuch)
- Public Hearing – Annexation agreement between the City of Asheville and the Town of Woodfin for property located at 810 Elk Mountain Scenic Highway identified in the Buncombe County tax record as PIN 9761064543. (Presenter: Tuch)
- Text amendment to the Town of Woodfin Code of Ordinances Ch. 38-Solid Waste for the purpose of updating standards regulating solid waste collection. (Presenter: Tuch)
- Community Partner Program (Presenter: Tuch)
- Department Reports
- Police – October 2022 Totals
- Planning and Zoning – October 2022 Permit Totals
- Finance – Expenditures | Revenues | Report
- Public Works – October 2022 Totals
- ABC Board – October 2022 P&L | October Board Meeting
- Executive Session – The Town Council may adjourn to private chambers to discuss legal, personnel, contractual or similar matters protected by the NCGS 143-318.11.
- (a) (3): To consult with an attorney employed or retained by the public body in order to preserve the attorney-client privilege between the attorney and the public body, which privilege is hereby acknowledged. General policy matters may not be discussed in a closed session and nothing herein shall be construed to permit a public body to close a meeting that otherwise would be open merely because an attorney employed or retained by the public body is a participant. The public body may consider and give instructions to an attorney concerning the handling or settlement of a claim, judicial action, mediation, arbitration, or administrative procedure. If the public body has approved or considered a settlement, other than a malpractice settlement by or on behalf of a hospital, in closed session, the terms of that settlement shall be reported to the public body and entered into its minutes as soon as possible within a reasonable time after the settlement is concluded.