Board of Commissioners Regular Meeting Agenda
October 19, 2021 | 6:30 pm
October 19, 2021 | 6:30 pm
- Meeting Call to Order
- Mayors Recitation – In accordance with the Code of Ethics adopted by the Board, all town commissioners have a duty to obey all applicable laws regarding official actions; to uphold the integrity and independence of the office; to avoid impropriety in the exercise of official duties; to faithfully perform the duties of the office; and to conduct the affairs of the governing board in an open and public manner. Is there any item on the agenda the outcome of which will have a direct, substantial, and readily identifiable financial impact for any Board member? Also, does any Board member have a financial interest in any public contract coming before this Board today? There being none all Board members have a duty and obligation to vote.
- Approval of the Agenda
- Consent Agenda
- Approval of the September 21, 2021 Regular Meeting Minutes and September 29, 2021 Special Meeting Minutes
- Good News
- Recognition of Commissioner Don Honeycutt for his 22 years of service to Woodfin
- Early Voting at Woodfin Community Center: October 30 from 9:00am – 3:00pm
- New Business 1
- Appoint of Resident to Serve Remainder of Commissioner Honeycutt’s term
- Public Comment– The public is invited to attend this meeting in person or view this meeting on Facebook Live: https://www.facebook.com/townofwoodfin. All documents related to agenda items not published on the website may be viewed in advance of the meetings in person at Town Hall, 90 Elk Mountain Rd, Woodfin.
- Citizens may address the Board concerning various topics after being recognized by the Mayor and are limited to 3 (three) minutes speaking time.
- New Business 2
- Monthly ABC Board Report (Presenter: Tager)
- Adoption of the Buncombe Madison Regional Hazard Mitigation Plan (Presenter: Hardy)
- Public Hearing: Rezoning of property located at 198 Elk Mountain Road and further identified by Buncombe County Parcel Identification Number 9730-25-8541 from R-10 to R-7 (Presenter: Isenhower)
- Public Hearing: Rezoning of property located at 99999 Blueberry Hill Road and further identified by Buncombe County Parcel Identification Number 9731-69-2231 from Community Shopping to Light Industrial (Presenter: Isenhower)
- Public Hearing: Master plan for a cottage cluster development. The property is zoned Mountain Village and is located at 99999 Old Home Road, further identified by Buncombe County Parcel Identification Number 9731-76-1678 (Presenter: Isenhower)
- Report of Employee Health Insurance Benefits (Presenter: Powers)
- Departmental and Administrator’s Reports
- Executive Session – The Board of Commissioners may adjourn to private chambers to discuss legal, personnel, contractual or similar matters protected by the NCGS 143-318.11.